I find that I read much more living in London. I have several neglected pastimes and reading is typically one of them; but lately, I have been a bit of a book worm. I can think of two reasons that I am reading more: 1) I have more time on buses/trains...and waiting for buses or trains! It is really great to have a book tucked away in your purse for daily travel. 2) We don't have Tivo here~ not that we couldn't have it, but if I don't have programs saved and 'waiting' for me to watch, I tend to not want to watch as much television.
In the past few months, I have read The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, William Gibson's classic SciFi novel Neuromancer, The entire Twilight Saga (Twilight, The New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn); the His Dark Materials book trilogy by Philip Pullman (Northern Lights, The Subtle Knife, and The Amber Spyglass); The Host another novel by Stephanie Meyer and now I am starting Dan Brown's new book The Lost Symbol. Lenny has been so wonderful and listened to me retelling most of these stories with incredible passion. He is very kind to indulge me ~ bless him.I hope this new trend in my lifestyle will continue even when I am not waiting at a bus stop!
No comments:
Post a Comment