Wellies- short for Wellington Boots, are waterproof footwear. Basically, they are huge rubber boots. Nothing gets into these guys. Because it rains so much and the ground stays muddy forever..... Wellies are everywhere!!
I bought a pair of Wellies during my first year out here. Most of the time they just sit in my closet. But as I am out walking in the park, I always see people who are wearing their wellies... and I usually think "I should have on mine too!" I clearly don't understand a wellie worthy day yet. :)
We walked into town on our first afternoon in Falmouth. Lenny had been meaning to pick up some Wellies and we figured no time like the present! The first shop was a huge convenience store with loads of Wellie options. Lenny went for utility green- very classic.
We went for a wonderful walk along the beach. It was really fun to walk in the sand/water/rocks and not worry about our steps because our feet were dry! We were just like young children splashing in the puddles. What a blast!
No comments:
Post a Comment