Sunday, 27 December 2009

Zermatt


The British love their holiday. They have holidays more often than Americans do and they don't feel the smallest amount of guilt. I love that. When a school vacation comes, almost everyone jets off on holiday. It has taken me a little while to get used to this wonderful mindset~ but I think I am there!
I have declared 'our best vacation ever' to be this year to Zermatt, Switzerland. Our travel was smooth. We stayed in the same place for 7 days. The town was sparkling with little lights. The food was amazing. The views were spectacular. Each day we got out skiing and then had relaxing evenings. We did half board with our hotel. Each night we had a 5 course dinner that was so delicious I can't even describe it. Yummy!! After dinner we snuggled up in front of the fire and relaxed. I had enough down time that I finished the new Dan Brown novel ~ loved it!


The views of the Matterhorn mountain as we were skiing are breathtaking. I couldn't get enough. I think I photographed it from every angle I could. We had two days when the weather was nice enough that we were able to ski from Switzerland into Italy and have lunch at an adorable little Italian place.

We had such a lovely time. I hope I have found the magic formula for a perfect vacation!

1 comment:

  1. OMG you are SOOOOO spoiled! How are you going to ski here after all this? It's a disaster! I bet skiing in Tahoe, at 50 degrees F, sounds pretty crazy when you've done this!

    ReplyDelete