Wednesday, 6 January 2010

Snow Day

I went to elementary school in Minnesota. Minnesota is a very snowy place. It was so snowy that some years we didn't meet the quota for minimum number of required school days. Because of that, they padded the school year with a few extra days! If it snowed hard, we would wake up and run to the stereo to listen if our school was closed.

Today, London has snow! Everyone is going crazy. Tube, trains and buses have spotty service. We were all hoping that school would be closed. In modern ways, I woke up and rushed to the computer to check the school web page.... school was open. Just another normal day. But, at 3:00 the most beautiful huge fluffy flakes started pooring down. I have never seen anything like it! Stunning. A true "oooh & ahhh" moment.


After school everyone went to the park to play in the snow! What fun! Lenny and I walked down to the Roebuck to see the snowy hillside and riverbank. It was breathtaking.
They are going to make the decision about school tomorrow at 6:30am. You can picture me back in front of my computer checking the school web-page.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, Maia! It looks like you're right inside a snowglobe. Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived in England for 10 years, I think it snowed 3 times. Each time the country almost came to a stop. Now I am in Canada, where nothing stops for snow.

    ReplyDelete