Tuesday, 15 September 2009

Comfort foods

You don't realize what your comfort foods are until you want one of them and can't get it. Such was the case for me!

I recently had a bit of an upset stomach. The next day I really wanted French toast, pancakes or waffles for breakfast~none of which are readily available in England. We found a place that offered English Breakfast, Full English Breakfast, or Vegetarian English Breakfast. All of those options basically include roasted tomatoes, mushrooms, baked beans, eggs and toast (maybe a few other extras depending on which breakfast you get).


Since I couldn't get my breakfast comfort food...I then wanted an evening comfort food! Tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwich. I don't think moms know all the little things that daughters pick up, but I am starting to realize there are about a million of them. My mom once put a lid over the sandwich to help the cheese melt.... I now do the same! Lenny said that his comfort food was sauerkraut & turkey sausage on a baguette smeared with Gulden mustard ~ that is thanks to Momma B.

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny! Once, my Grandma Dot was watching me make a grilled cheese for Grampa, and she was laughing because I use mayo instead of butter, just like her! She never 'taught' me that, but I got it from cooking with her. So cute! (BTW, the mayo spreads easier, and you can get a much thinner coat, but performs the same 'act' as butter, in the grilling department.)

    xoxo
    Mia

    ReplyDelete