
When you are a little girl growing up in Minnesota, a castle is something you see in books and movies. A castle is where
Rapunzel is held captive or where the wicked stepmother plots her evil
schemes. Now that I have been living here for just over a year, I have seen castles scattered about the countryside like.... raisins in Post Raisin Bran! (And we all know they add 'two scoops'!) :) he, he

Just around the corner from us is one of them~Windsor Castle. I finally got a chance to go there a few weeks ago. Wow. This is a serious castle. No joke. If I was an invading force, I would have worried about how to get past these walls.
In modern days, Windsor is the the weekend home for the Queen...
you know, the place she goes to get 'out of the city' for a few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment