Tuesday, 23 June 2009

Sun


Tuesday was the start of a sunny streak. When I lived in California, I didn't even notice a sunny day. I usually noticed if it was raining because I would grab an umbrella or grumble about taking Chula out in the rain. On a daily basis, I took sunny days for granted. Now in London, it is just the opposite; I don't notice if it is overcast or raining. Those days just blend together and I don't really notice them. But... when a sunny day comes... stop the press... EVERYONE notices. We all leave work early and head to a park! Tuesday was one of those days~ Lenny called me to say that everyone was down at Richmond Green for a pint. Even though I had work to do and should have gone straight home, I couldn't. I had to go and soak up some Vitamin D. It was really wonderful to bask in some sunlight and really appreciate it!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're starting a blog! Yay! I love this little story. We've had such a dismal June, and I felt exactly the same way when it suddenly got sunny...then warm...then HOT, all in about four day's time! I was just so aware that it was time to get out in the gardens and go for walks and use the bbq.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lord, the sun child that I am...I would wither up and die without our California sunshine! Thanks for the reminder to appreciate all that is golden here. I encourage you to "suddenly come down with a terrible illness" as early as possible next time the sun puts on a show there! XO

    ReplyDelete