I know it has been way too long since I updated the blog. That volcano really threw a loop into normal life! How many times does a person get to say that?!? About 3 weeks after getting home, we had some visitors who have been promising to come for years.... Hedi and Bruce Bromberg! This is clearly worthy of several new blog posts!
Part One:
Part One:
Only a few days after arriving, we jetted off to Paris for the weekend with a hope of attending the French Open for Lenny and Bruce. It was a really lovely weekend. The weather could not have been better~ sunny with a light breeze. If Hedi and Bruce ordered this.... I want the number for their travel agent! Amazing.
Nuts and Bolts: Eurostar! What a way to go. I met Lenny, Bruce, and Hedi at Richmond station. We caught the tube to King's Cross and then jumped on the Eurostar. Only 2 1/2 hours later.... Nous sommes arrivés à Paris! Parlez-vous français ? I sure don't! No worries~ Lenny and Hedi both had things coming back to them and I supplemented with my fluent use of ULP (Universal Language of Point- I just point at anything I want to order! Works great!)
Itinerary: We enjoyed Friday night out in the Latin Quarter. Saturday was a big day walking and seeing the Louvre. Please note this wonderful picture of Winged Victory ~ she is still my favorite work in the Louvre. Sunday was another day out walking and then into the Marais district where we enjoyed some Judaica shopping. Okay, you got me. That part was my request. But we all had fun!
Such a wonderful and beautiful city. Au revoir Paris!
No comments:
Post a Comment